Ivory and bone
The collection consists of refined objects from the collection of Ludovico Moscardo. The specimens can be traced back to the German, French and Italian areas and cover a chronological period between the first quarter of the 15th century and the end of the 17th century.
Of particular value are the six bone and ivory plaques - two rectangular and four trapezoidal - inlaid with the so-called Carthusian technique, parts of a casket made by the famous "Bottega degli Embriachi", founded in Florence and then transferred to Venice after 1393. The figurative decorations propose scenes taken from mythological stories or from events and legends referring to the life of Saints.