Built in 1880 to a project by the architect Gustavo Strauss, the grand staircase consists of three flights of stairs with a white stone balustrade above which a lantern-shaped skylight opens. At the corners, the coats of arms of the Miniscalchi and the Erizzo families appear alternating, sculpted within shields of white stone.
On the walls there are eighteen paintings, set in stucco frames, of different subjects and eras.
The furnishings are completed by two ornamental suits of armour forged in the 19th century in imitation of 16th century models and the recently acquired statue “Clizia in love with the Sun” created in 1838 by the Veronese sculptor Innocenzo Fraccaroli (1805-1882).
Fondazione Museo Miniscalchi-Erizzo
Via San Mammaso 2/a - 37121 Verona
Tel +39 045.8032484